Unable to insert a shortcut link in confluence cloud

Tim de Boer May 11, 2021

I am unable to use shotcut links in confluence cloud. The documentation says I should be able to use [relativeurl@shortcut]. I have shotcuts configured as per the first image and am trying to edit as per the second image but the result I get is the third image 

Screenshot 2021-05-12 102817.png

Screenshot 2021-05-12 102910.png

Screenshot 2021-05-12 103006.png

I have also tried to use the /link macro and can't seem to find a combination there that is documented and/or works.

Thanks

Tim

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

@Tim de Boer  Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Is that url valid?  When I tried to reach it nothing was there and I got page not found.  Can you check the url and make sure you are reaching a valid page.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

@Tim de Boer Thanks for providing the url, I tested it out and found the issue.  Shortcut links only work in the legacy editor.  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-shortcut-links/

I believe you can request to be moved back to the legacy editor by submitting a support request to Atlassian.

Tim de Boer May 11, 2021

Thanks for trying Brant. 

We're providing this site as a service to one of our clients. Defaulting them to the legacy editor doesn't feel ike the right option and from memory that won't default them to the legacy editor in every case. Only when templates etc specify. 

I don't expect an answer to this but just want to drive home how important the editing experience in confluence is. It's one of the reasons we decided to be an Atlassian partner.

I do feel like this important element is receiving far less attention strategically than it should. Your community is filled with people suffering from basic limitations to the editing experience (such as the inability to indent within layouts, tables etc and the unusual decision to limit the colour pallette) which Atlassian refuses to fix. The severity of the limitations can't be denied so the only reason I can see for this decision is that their attention is elsewhere. 

Let's just hope Atlassian decides to spend a little more attention and money in this area soon!

Thanks

Tim

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events