Unable to get into confluence admin

Daniel Hackmann September 14, 2022

Hello,

I have a problem. I inherited a confluence/trello system from a former co-worker who isn't with my department anymore and who we have no way to contact.

We are using confluence cloud to document some internal research data at my university, so we really don't want to lose the data.

The problem:

Since a few weeks I am not able to log into admin.atlassian.com anymore. Whenever I try a blank page pops up which asks me to create a new organisation:

1.PNG

I am also not able to click the cog-wheel icon when I am logged into confluence. I dont see the icon, but according to the space settings I am an administrator.

Furthermore when I check my.atlassian.com I can see myself as the "manager" for the license, I am also the technical and billing contact (Ignore the supportdate, its a screenshot from last month but apart from that nothing changed).

2.PNG

If I click on the "manage subscription" button the following error appears:

3.PNG

As far as I am aware we are not using Jira ourselves for the user management. Our confluence is hosted by atlassian.

Additionally if I try to go to {ourURL}.atlassian.net/admin the following error pops up:

4.jpg

Notice the "Something went wrong". I also tested some of my coworkers accounts who might have been admin but nobody has access there either.

I am getting quite frustrated, Ive been trying to fix these issues on and off for weeks now. I am not able to add or edit any new users to our confluence system which is quite bad. I can't edit ANY admin settings either so I am very limited what I can even do and check. I just want to be able to get into the admin settings again, I am fairly certain I was in there before.

If I could somehow contact technical support I feel like my problem could be solved in minutes, but since we are on the free plan there is no way for me to contact atlassian.

If somebody has ANY idea what I could do I would be extremely happy for ANY help. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Hackmann September 14, 2022

Atlassian Support was able to transfer the Org to me.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events