Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to find and link JIRA ticket

Edited

1. When adding JIRA macro, and trying to search for ticket, it returns "Received the following HTTP error code from the server: 200"

image.pngimage.png

2. When adding a JIRA link, it gets converted to the JIRA macro, upon saving the updated page, the JIRA link is unable to display the details but instead displays the text: "java.io.IOException: Error on line 78: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference."

image.pngimage.png3. The following error is found in atlassian-confluence.log:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Error on line 78: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.
at com.atlassian.confluence.extra.jira.request.JiraChannelResponseHandler.getChannelElement(JiraChannelResponseHandler.java:48)
at com.atlassian.confluence.extra.jira.JiraIssuesManager$ByteStreamBasedSupplier.get(JiraIssuesManager.java:138)

4. Versions:
Confluence 7.6.2
Jira v8.8.0

5. The application links status both in JIRA and Confluence are "CONNECTED" with the outgoing and incoming connections set as "OAuth (impersonation)". 

6. Same display is observed if using other user with the same permissions.

3 answers

found a solution to this:
for us it was the 2FA app on jira causing this.
When i disabled it .. it allowed the info to pass from jira to confluence.
So for a proper fix.. i added our jira group name into the app white list feature.
Working well now.

Doesn't solve the problem on my side. I disabled our 2FA app (SecSign) on both systems (Confluence & Jira). The issue still persists.

Yup, it is the same case for us too; JIRA's 2FA plugin. But we are struggling to whitelist our confluence based on IP (due to the nature in which we deploy it). 

May I know what do you mean by "added our jira group name into the app white list feature"?

maybe oldie but goldie:

We ended up solving this two-fold:

- on one customer setup, we used the WAN IP since it's static, so the entire AppLink traffic is taking the scenic route via WAN.

- second customer setup, we solved it at the load balancer level (routing between VMs is done on the LB machine) in combination with a custom header that's stamped only "internal" traffic 

I have a similar problem between:

• confluence 6.15.1
  • jira 8.17.1

In addition,

• from Confluence I am able to create an Issue in Jira,
  • But if I try to insert a Jira issue in a Confluence page I get the error:
    • Received the following error code HTTP from server:200

MFA is configured on both Jira and Confluence

Any resolution to this?
having exact same issue with exact same versions...

We're also affected with a similar message, if a user is not logged into Jira.

2020-09-11 08:57:10,758 ERROR [JIM Marshaller:thread-291] [extra.jira.request.JiraChannelResponseHandler] getChannelElement Error while trying to assemble the issues returned in XML format: Error on line 4: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.
-- url: /confluence/display/SPACE/PAGENAME| traceId: f74f25314edcf420 | userName: xxx | page: 470451431 | action: viewpage

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,517 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you