Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit a confluence page

Easty January 13, 2020

Posted this yesterday but the question seems to have been deleted.

We are trialing Confluence (Cloud) with the intention of using it as a knowledge base for our Jira Service Desk (Cloud).  Our trial is expired so we are currently on the free tier.

I am able create and delete pages but am unable to edit them, not even new pages that I create and before they are published.  All of the editing tools are grayed out except for the color option. I have tried 4 different browsers on as many different machines with the same result so its unlikely a browser/machine setting.

Interestingly a colleague who has exactly the same security group membership as myself across our Atlassian tenant on the other hand IS able to edit the pages I create although he had the same problem last week.  

We are both global admins and members of the confluence users group.

Has anyone come across this before or perhaps can point us in the direction of a solution?

3 answers

0 votes
Carl Sassenrath March 27, 2020

Here's what the full page looks like (ignore blurred private info):

confluence-gray-edit-bug.png

Aram Ghanimian April 27, 2020

I am in the same boat in our on-prem environment. The whole page is greyed out. Can't click on ellipses. Can't click on edit. The page is not restricted. I have full admin rights to the space. The bread crumbs work and the navigation links on the left work.image.png

0 votes

I'm having the same problem.

I click to edit a page, and I get a grayed-out page that is missing the rest of the "wrapper" that that you see in the editor. It looks like it's just the inner <div> of the editor.

Definitely a bug in Confluence.

I can edit other pages in the same space just fine. It's only one set of pages that has this problem.

Note that there are no error indicators when I click the edit icon. If it were a permissions problem, I'd expect to see some kind message that I could not edit this page.

PS: Tried contacting Atlassian via their support page, but that page just comes up with an endless spinner. When you're a communications company, that's the one thing that needs to always work, the "Contact us".

Like James Klein likes this
0 votes
Deleted user January 14, 2020

Even though you have Global Admin permissions, Please make sure , you have EDIT page access in the particular space permissions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/assign-space-permissions-724764762.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events