Unable to edit Office documents in Confluence Cloud when using Chrome in Citrix Desktop

UB Dehart November 17, 2020

I'm unable to edit office documents using Chrome.  As far as I can tell, the office connector is enabled, but it's not displaying "Edit in Office" next to any of my documents.  It keeps prompted me to download the Companion app.

We do use Citrix desktops.  We haven't enabled SSO yet because we are piloting Confluence.  I've tried multiple browsers.

When I go into the Manage Apps area & try to Configure the Office Connector, I get access denied even though I'm the site admin.  Just looking at the Connector, it says it's enabled.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2020

Hi @UB Dehart ,

Edit in Office is not supported in Confluence Cloud. The Office Connector is also used for the office macros. Furthermore, although Companion is still supported in Confluence Cloud, it is being phased out. Companion for Confluence Cloud does not support session based Citrix desktops. 

The above information is for Confluence Cloud only. On Confluence Server/Data Center, Edit in Office is supported and so is Companion with Citrix session based virtual desktops. 

Regards,
Alex (Developer at Atlassian) 

UB Dehart November 18, 2020

@Alex K Can you help me understand why the Office Connector is not supported in Confluence Cloud and why the Companion App doesn't work?  All the indicators on the admin site make it appear like the functionality should exist, so it's very mis-leading.  We are migrating to Confluence right now & I could see this being a big obstacle for us to overcome.  Are there workarounds for us to be able to edit Office documents on Confluence Cloud?  Thanks for your help with this issue.

Like alvarorivoir likes this
Alex K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2020

@UB Dehart 

Please see this community post for details about the state of editing files with Companion on Confluence Cloud

Edit in Office with WebDAV (Office Connector) was removed from Confluence Cloud several years ago, there should not be any indication that this feature (edit in office) still exists. Could you share where you are seeing this? 

Regards,
Alex

UB Dehart November 19, 2020

@Alex K - in the Admin site under Manage Apps, I still see it there & it looks like all 49 modules are enabled.  When I click on the Configure button, that's when I receive a page restricted error which led me to support documentation for troubleshooting.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events