Unable to edit Confluence Pages after upgrading to 4.1.7

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2012

I've installed 3.3.3 Confluence on a test server, imported production data, and upgraded from that version to 3.5.11, then to 4.1.7. After the upgrade I can see the production data in Confluence, but when I try to edit the page it just brings up a blank page that only allows me to modify the page title. The editor itself never shows up. I was able to create a child page and then edit it afterward, but none of the existing pages are editable. I've check the page restrictions and there are none for the page I am trying to edit. Global permissions are setup the same way between my production system and test and I am able to edit the same pages on the production system. When I view the Space Admin pages, the permissions are identical, but I noticed that there's a new Application Link ability in the newer version. There's also a new Application Link at the Administration level within Confluence Admin on the new version, where on the production system the closest thing I've seen relating to that sort is Trusted Applications and OAuth. It looks as though the Application Link on the system level combined the two mentioned above, but I really don't understand how the setup should be related. The documentation provided does very little to explain it. Can anyone help me out?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2012

There is a KB article on this problem, with steps to resolve. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Confluence+4.0+Editor+is+Blank

If that doesn't help, raise a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com

Cheers,
Mark

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

This worked out great for me. Some of the existing pages didn't upgrade and needed to use the force-action described in the linked pages. Thanks a lot

0 votes
William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2012

The error log is showing Invocation of method 'getWysiwygContent' in class com.atlassian.confluence.pages.actions.EditPageAction threw exception.java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The body of this ContententityObject ('Atlassian Support Team') was "BodyType: WIKI' but was expected to be 'BodyType:XHTML' at /template/aui/editor.vm [line 40, column 14]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events