Unable to delete or deactivate users

Duncan Hemsley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2012

We have a number of users listed that we are unable to edit and this is taking us over the user limit of our licence. I think the problem is that we use LDAP authentication and the users have been removed from the Active Directory but not from Confluence. Therefore, when I now try and delete the user I just get a message stating that the user can not be found.

I have seen some posts about deactivating a user instead of deleting them, but the is no option to edit the users concerned with this issue.

Thanks,

Duncan

4 answers

1 vote
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Also you can try run this sql to deactivate users from database. Please, keep in mind that we always recommend to try through the application, but when running a sql query we recommend first to backup the database.

UPDATE cwd_user SET active = 'F' WHERE user_name in ('john', 'james', 'peter')

1 vote
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2012

Try and remove the users from the Confluence user group.

0 votes
Duncan Hemsley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 14, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. Ended up being the option of adding a user account with the same username as teh original account to the AD, then removing from Confluence then deleting the AD account.

Cheers,

Duncan

0 votes
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2012

Hi Ducan

I believe that your case is related to the following link:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-14104

Also, perhaps you may try the following workaround:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-14104?focusedCommentId=181968&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-181968

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events