Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running.

Ajay Singh _Appfire_ January 26, 2017

I see a number of following entry into a Confluence 6.0.2 atlassian-confluence.log file. Does anybody know what is the significance of it? Will it impact installing any 3rd party add-on successfully if OSGI is not running?

ERROR [localhost-startStop-3] [atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceListableBeanFactory] destroyBean Destroy method on bean with name 'boostingQueryFactory' threw an exception
com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:112)

5 answers

0 votes
Renat Sabitov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2019

@John Campos You don't have to reinstall the product, you just need to fix the error in startup. Normally error logs available and can help you with the resolution.

0 votes
John Campos June 18, 2018

I ran into this issue recently.  It seems a bit unreasonable to have to reinstall the product to get around this issue.  I will do that if I have to.  @Renat Sabitov Are there instructions on how to start up the plugin?  Are there any other suggestions on how to resolve the issue since this first appeared?  Thanks for any feedback.

John Campos June 19, 2018

Got it working, Thanks!

Penny Howard July 23, 2018

How did you get it working?  Did you get the errors to go away or does it just keep working with the errors?

Thanks!

0 votes
Renat Sabitov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2017

This error means that the OSGi container hasn't been started and usually happens due to errors earlier at startup. As OSGi is the base of P2 plugin framework, Confluence will not work properly without it

0 votes
Andrey Kolpakov February 8, 2017

After moving to another server I had the same issue "Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running" which was lead by this error:

2017-02-08 12:16:23,190 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR      [c.a.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher] There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event [com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginFrameworkStartingEvent@64123502] from the invoker [SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager.onStart(com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginFrameworkStartingEvent), listener=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraOsgiContainerManager@450634f8}]

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start OSGi container

After few hours of investigation, I reinstalled the same version of JIRA and restored data from my backup. It worked!

Afterwords, I found, that some files were absent in JIRA Installation directory (/opt/atlassian/jira is default). Directory  "/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/jira/web/filters/accesslog/" was absent by unknown reason.

So, issue could be fixed by restoring JIRA Installation directory.

0 votes
Bjoern Runge January 26, 2017

I have the same error message in combination with a problem to install the Gliffy Plugin. It wont install.

Neither Gliffy Support or Atlassian Support could help me yet.

I will keep you informed when I get some news.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events