Unable to change user full name

In Confluence personal profile, my full name is wrong (its my email address) and cannot be changed other than using the 'Manage in Atlassian account'.

When I click the Manage in Atlassian account', I can enter my name name there and save, which it remembers the next time I do it, but the change is not propogated to my wiki profile - always showing the email address as full name.

This was not always so, and I think the email as full name only changed due to the recent ID logon process change rolled out by Atlassian for Confluence Cloud.

2 answers

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Apr 27, 2017

Mark, I tried changing my full name on Cloud and it immediately propagated to Confluence Cloud. All my content shows the new full name. 

Does it work if you try an "incognito" session or another browser?

Thanks for your reply.

I tried in Incognito mode in Chrome but that didn't work either.

I've just raised a support ticket to get this resolved.

FYI, Atlassian support advised that this is a known bug :(

Here's hoping it's squashed soon...

The same applies to JIRA. My name is still admin, even though my full name is different on id page.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

374 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you