Unable to change Applications links

Hansueli Weber April 13, 2014

Hi all

How do I change the default connection string in the application link?

Jira and Confluence are running on the same system.

I added one from Jira -> Confluence and this one is working fine. But there is one in Confluence which points to Jira and this link is connected to the internal IP? So everytime I want to switch from Confluence to Jira I'm getting an error because of pointing to an internal (private) IP.

I do not have the possiblity to change the settings in the Application Navigator of this default application link from Confluence to Jira :-/

I hope there is a solution for this!

Thanks in advance.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hansueli Weber May 1, 2014

Hi Svante

I did some changes based on the mentioned articles but nothing would help. I decide for reinstalling Jira and Confluence to get rid of this problem :-/

Thanks anyway for your help.

Cheers,

Hansueli

0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

If you have removed the Application Links entirely you should not see the application in the Application Navigator. (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Application+Navigator+FAQ)

Unless the Application Link is still in the database for some reason.

You can identify any existing application links in your database with the following SQL query

SELECT SUBSTR(a.property_key,16,36) as "Application Key", b.propertyvalue as "Application Name" 
FROM propertyentry a 
join propertystring b 
on a.id=b.id 
where a.property_key like 'applinks.admin%name';

To remove a "stray" aplpication link to could follow this JIRAKB article.

Make sure you make a database backup before you do any changes to the database directly!!!

If you are the least worried about this workaround I also suggest that you raise a support ticket with Atlassian to get guideance through the process.

Cheers,

// Svante

0 votes
Hansueli Weber April 14, 2014

Ok, I guess I got your point.

If I removed all Application Links from the Jira to Confluence and vice versa. I still can see one connection to Jira in Confluence "Application Navigator" which points to the internal IP of the server e.g. http://jira.testsomewhere.com:8080/

If I check it in the Application Navigator config I can see the link configuration but I can't delete this conncetion.

Thanks in advance :-)

Cheers

Hansueli

0 votes
Hansueli Weber April 13, 2014

Hi Svante

Thanks for your answer. I can't delete the default link :-/

And the page doesn't helped me much in this case.

Cheers

Hansueli

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

Hmm, I think you misunderstood me. The link in the Application Navigator cannot be removed for applications where there is an Application Link setup. True!

What I suggested was to re-create the Application Link between JIRA and Confluence.

This can be done from either application since it is bi-directional. It is though a good practice to verify that the link is deleted in the other application as well. I have had situations when the Application Link was only removed from on side.

When you have verified the Application Link is gone you create it again according to the documentation I referred to. You will have to setup the authentication method again. If the apps have the same set of users you should be able to use Trusted which is quite straight forward method.

Let me know if I have understood you correct or just confused you more :-)

Cheers,

// Svante

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2014

Hi Hansueli,

Have you tried remove the Application Link entirely? And re-create it. That may do the trick for you. Make sure you use the correct ip-addresses when you set it up.

Sometimes it works better the other way around for some reasons so try re-create it from Confluence also.

You have probably already read this page about Application Links

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

// Svante

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events