Unable to add people

Manuel March 23, 2021

Hi there,

I'm unable to add new people to Confluence. I'm using the free version that should allow me to add up to 10 people and currently only 2 people are in my team.
If I click on People > Add People To Confluece > Enter email address > Add teammates then I'm always getting the message "Success, you requested access for <email>", however the user never receives an invitation and I tried with several different emails already.
In Google Chrome I opened the Developer Tools to see if I can detect any error messages, but there are none.

If I instead try to click on "Share" to share a space with the user I want to invite, he can request access but then gets stuck with the following message:
"We already notified the admin of your access request for Confluence on <Confluence domain address>".
The admin however never receives a request of the user to join either, so it is literally impossible for me to add any new users at this point.

Oh and by the way, the user already created a new Confluence account, that didn't help either.

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2021

Hi @Manuel , welcome to the Community!

One possible issue is that our mail delivery service will pause attempts to deliver message to addresses that previously returned an error. For example, if this person was new at their company and the invitation was sent by Confluence before their mailbox had been completely set up - or perhaps if there was a temporary problem with the receiving mail server.

I've checked our mail delivery logs and not found this to be the case with your company's email domain - I see successful deliveries to you and one other person at your company's email domain in the last couple days. If the invitations were going to people at a different company / with a different email provider, I'd need those addresses to check our mail service logs for this issue.

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Community Support

Manuel March 24, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads,

Thanks for your reply. 
Is it possible to continue this in a private email conversation? 
I wouldn't want to post any email addresses in public here.

Thanks,
Manuel

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2021

Yes, certainly. I've just sent you an email directly - you can reply there with the addresses.

Manuel April 12, 2021

Hi there @Daniel Eads I sent you several emails over the last 3 weeks and I haven't gotten a single reply from you. If you're too busy, could you please refer me to a colleague of yours to get this resolved? 
I'm still unable to add anybody else to our Confluence page.

Thanks!

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2021

Hi @Manuel ,

We've opened a support case for the issue on your Free site, as the problem doesn't match anything we're able to solve through tools without a support case. Be on the lookout for an email from our support system with more information.

Manuel April 19, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads just to let you know, this issue still persists and we're still waiting on somebody to resolve this for us.
Thanks!

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2021

@Manuel my apologies for the run-around, and thanks for the heads-up. I'm following up with our internal support team to get this worked on.

Travis Beecroft
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 25, 2023

@Daniel Eads Hey, I seem to be having the same issue. I have a group of contractors who are unable to view a specific Confluence page. They are getting an error saying their accounts are blocked. There are no restrictions on the Confluence page, however, but when I try to add their names they are not listed, and adding their emails does not work and they are getting the blocked account message

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events