Unable to add header image or media to Confluence space overview?

hwinnie March 21, 2024

Every time I try and click "upload" on the header image modal it closes the modal. When I try and click the file/media upload button it doesn't work either. The only way to get media onto this page is to copy & paste. Is this a bug or is there something about putting media on a space overview that I don't know?

I should add it allows me to add a header image from the Unsplash integration, just not upload my own. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2024

Hi @hwinnie I tested this in two cloud instances and was able to upload graphics to the header.

I'm guessing here, but are the images you are adding within the size limitations?

hwinnie March 21, 2024

@Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM I am unable to even get to a point where I have an option to upload :/ 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2024

That seems disheartening.

Have you tried different browsers, or in an Incognito mode?  Just to rule out the browser or any add-ons?  Other thoughts, are you behind a corp firewall that may be blocking that upload?

hwinnie March 21, 2024

Switching to safari instead of google chrome seemed to do the trick! Thank you :) 

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2024

Glad to help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events