Unable to access user macro banner

Prudhvi Raju Kanithi April 23, 2024

There seems to be an issue with a user macro banner that was created 15 days ago. While I can access it without any problem, another colleague from another department are unable to access it by macro call or in tree browser. I've checked their access permissions to the space, and everything appears to be fine. Interestingly, when I add that macro on their behalf, they can modify fields, copy, and paste it to another page. Have you encountered this issue before, and do you have any suggestions for it? we are currently on Atlassian version -7.19.16 , please help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

@Prudhvi Raju Kanithi welcome to the Atlassian community

Are they using the same browser as you?  Have they tried clearing cache?  Is it happening to all of the other users or just random ones?  Who created the macro?  

Prudhvi Raju Kanithi April 23, 2024

Yes they used same and they tried using different browsers but the issue remains , it was created by my colleague I can access it but the other team person and another guy from another team  also reported he couldn’t access it , so time being they are copy pasting that macro from one page to another, do you suggest to try anything different @Brant Schroeder

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

@Prudhvi Raju Kanithi Do you happen to be a system administrator?  If you answer yes then you will need to go to the user macro in general administration and edit it.  There is a visibility toggle there and you will need to toggle it to visible to all users in the macro browser.  My guess is that it is only available to admins at this time.  

Prudhvi Raju Kanithi April 24, 2024

Hey @Brant Schroeder thanks for providing those steps, I am a confluence administrator and i opened up that macro in edit,  but I don't see the visibility option enabled, should I do something to for it Screenshot 2024-04-24 130441.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2024

@Prudhvi Raju Kanithi Hmm that is odd. If you create a new macro do you see it or is it missing on all macros?  

Prudhvi Raju Kanithi April 24, 2024

No, I couldn't see the option while creating a new macro as well for other macros also couldn't see the toggle option @Brant Schroeder 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2024

@Prudhvi Raju Kanithi sounds like something is messed up on your instance I would suggest that you submit a support issue to Atlassian and see what they can find out in the support file.  https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events