Unable to access confluence pages over the network

Dave Mallick January 24, 2018

Unable to access pages over the overwork. Pages are accessible from the server (locally) using server name or localhost.

The server can be pinged and RDP-access works fine.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Hi Dave,

I understand you installed Confluence and cannot access it with a browser from another computer. (I am assuming it is a new install and it is Windows because you mentioned RDP and a local browser where most Linux servers do not have browsers locally. Please let me know if these assumptions are accurate)

Confluence can be reached on a browser on the server itself. You tested network connectivity to the server with ping and RDP.

Please let me know a little more:

• What URL are you using to access Confluence? (IP or host name, http or https)
  • What do you see in the browser when Confluence cannot be accessed?

Please try/check:

• Please make sure the port you are using for Confluence is open on the Windows Firewall on the server. The default is port 8090. (Ping and RDP use different ports than Confluence.)
  • It is common with Windows to proxy 8090 to port 80 or 443 using IIS, as described in Proxying Atlassian server applications with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) If your team has a proxy in front of the server, please make sure it is set up as in the doc.
  • If you are using a hostname in the URL please make sure the hostname can be resolved from your computer, by running: nslookup <hostname> at the command line from your computer.
  • I have seen cases where virus protection on a server prevented connecting to Confluence. Please disable virus protection temporarily to see if that helps.

In most of the cases I have worked on, the Windows Firewall was causing the issue. I look forward to hearing what you find.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events