Unable to access confluence from another computer

b.esquivel@ficu.com May 1, 2019

I am trying to set up confluence so that I can access and edit the spaces from another computer in the local network. Although I can access the site from the IP address:8090, I am not able to edit pages. (the server and base URL also do not match, when I try to match to local host, it gives me an error)

I have tried setting up through IIS, however I am only getting DNS host not resolved. I would like to know if I can get assistance as I would at least want to access Confluence via IP address.

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2019

What form does the Base URL for Confluence take? Something like www.domain.com:8090?

If so, you may have a similar situation that I do where I VPN into my customer's network, but do not authenticate on their network. As a result, I cannot resolve (DNS) their server names. What I did was to edit my hosts file (on Windows) and add a list of their server addresses and their IP addresses. I also did the same for internal servers that I access via server name.

Once you have done that, you can access the server via the same address as the Confluence Base URL.

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2019

Hi,

I assume that you're using a windows pc/server for running Confluence.

Did you check your local firewall settings on the server running Confluence?

Is your name resolution working ? (ping my.confluence.server.com) If not, contact your admin.

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events