I am trying to manage my plugins, however whenever I try to update or install through the marketplace or apply a license I get an "An unexpected error occurred. Refer to the logs for more information" error. The problem is this does not appear in any logs on either Production or Diagnostic levels of logging.
Below is the screenshot of the messages that appear when trying to paste a license key. When updating or installing through the marketplace, only one of those errors is presented.
I have found a few workarounds, I am able to install plugins by uploading them and I am able to apply licenses by nagivating through the Buy Now or get trial license dialogs (ie I am unable to enter a license key). I am also able to uninstall plugins normally.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
This article addresses a similar error, and has 3 suggestions:
When you check the logs, are you checking the ones in the home folder as well as the install directory? (The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties) The atlassian-confluence.log is the most informative after startup is complete.
I had already gone through that and verified my base-url is set up and working, as is my proxy.
Unfortunately I am unable to access http://<server base url>/admin/viewplugins.action, as the page apparently does not exist (version 6.3.2).
I have cleared the caches, restarted confluence, and the host system.
I have pulled my home log and referenced the one minute span after I attempted to license a plugin and nothing of interest showed up. I was skimming and searched for the plugin in question and the text 'fail', however, and I am open for suggestions.
I understand your proxy works as far as directing traffic to the site. Did you get a chance to check the server.xml for the proxyName, proxyPort and scheme settings?
I was disappointed when the viewplugins.action page was removed. I updated the document to indicate it's no longer available.
Yes I double checked those too, and they are all correct.
Glad to hear it wasn't something I broke.
The only system plugin we disabled was the mobile view one, however these problems happened much after the fact. I can provide a list of everything disabled if that might help.
Is there any chance you are using MySQL and the packet size is too small? Please see Plugin will not install.
Also, what version of the Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin are you using? On my Confluence 6.3.2 test instance, the UPM is version 2.22.4.
Disabled plugins should not cause you to be unable to apply plugin licenses or use the Marketplace.
I researched further and came up with some more questions:
I am part of "confluence-administrators".
As for the header, I'm not limiting the header size except for whatever is Apaches default. Is there a minimum size I could try setting it to?
And while I have not explicitly blocked PUT requests, I also do not see any in my apache logs. Is there some Confluence functionality I can use to test this?
I do not know of a way to test the PUT requests via Confluence. You might check the browser dev tools console to look for errors while reproducing the issue.
For the header and the PUT requests, please check your Apache config against our doc. Please backup the http.conf that is in place and then, for testing, try commenting out everything that doesn't match what is in: Using Apache with mod_proxy. Note: Apache has to be restarted to pick up changes to the file.
Hi my Community friends! For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs