Unable to Manage Plugins

stefan_reichenstein August 9, 2017

I am trying to manage my plugins, however whenever I try to update or install through the marketplace or apply a license I get an "An unexpected error occurred. Refer to the logs for more information" error. The problem is this does not appear in any logs on either Production or Diagnostic levels of logging.

Below is the screenshot of the messages that appear when trying to paste a license key. When updating or installing through the marketplace, only one of those errors is presented.plugin-management-error.png

I have found a few workarounds, I am able to install plugins by uploading them and I am able to apply licenses by nagivating through the Buy Now or get trial license dialogs (ie I am unable to enter a license key). I am also able to uninstall plugins normally.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

This article addresses a similar error, and has 3 suggestions:

Universal Plugin Manager Inaccessible or Does Not Show Any Plugins

When you check the logs, are you checking the ones in the home folder as well as the install directory? (The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties) The atlassian-confluence.log is the most informative after startup is complete.

I had already gone through that and verified my base-url is set up and working, as is my proxy.

Unfortunately I am unable to access http://<server base url>/admin/viewplugins.action, as the page apparently does not exist (version 6.3.2). 

I have cleared the caches, restarted confluence, and the host system.

I have pulled my home log and referenced the one minute span after I attempted to license a plugin and nothing of interest showed up. I was skimming and searched for the plugin in question and the text 'fail', however, and I am open for suggestions. 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

I understand your proxy works as far as directing traffic to the site. Did you get a chance to check the server.xml for the proxyName, proxyPort and scheme settings?

I was disappointed when the viewplugins.action page was removed. I updated the document to indicate it's no longer available.

Yes I double checked those too, and they are all correct.

Glad to hear it wasn't something I broke.  

The only system plugin we disabled was the mobile view one, however these problems happened much after the fact. I can provide a list of everything disabled if that might help. 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2017

Is there any chance you are using MySQL and the packet size is too small? Please see Plugin will not install.

Also, what version of the Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin are you using? On my Confluence 6.3.2 test instance, the UPM is version 2.22.4.

Disabled plugins should not cause you to be unable to apply plugin licenses or use the Marketplace.

stefan_reichenstein August 10, 2017

This was at one point working, but my MySQL max packet size is larger than the 32MB mentioned in that post. 

The UPM is version 2.22.4. 

That is what I was thinking about the disabled plugins, but it never hurts to be sure.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
August 11, 2017

Hi Stefan,

I researched further and came up with some more questions:

• Are you in the group "confluence-administrators"?
  • Is there a possibility that your proxy is blocking PUT requests or limiting the header size on the requests made to the Marketplace?

Thanks,

Ann

stefan_reichenstein August 11, 2017

Thanks Ann. 

I am part of "confluence-administrators".

As for the header, I'm not limiting the header size except for whatever is Apaches default. Is there a minimum size I could try setting it to?

And while I have not explicitly blocked PUT requests, I also do not see any in my apache logs. Is there some Confluence functionality I can use to test this?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
August 11, 2017

I do not know of a way to test the PUT requests via Confluence. You might check the browser dev tools console to look for errors while reproducing the issue.

For the header and the PUT requests, please check your Apache config against our doc. Please backup the http.conf that is in place and then, for testing, try commenting out everything that doesn't match what is in: Using Apache with mod_proxy. Note: Apache has to be restarted to pick up changes to the file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events