Unable to Edit Some Pages

Alan Goldhamer January 5, 2018

We have noticed today we are unable to edit some pages (Under main Admin account, in addition to users with admin rights to pages) But some are editable. We have verified the account and configuration setup under Confluence Administration. Is there something we need to do, or are doing wrong? As far as I can tell, nothing changed recently. Please assist if possible, thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hi Alan.

There are three levels of permissions in Confluence that could impact the ability to edit: Global permissions, space permissions, and page restrictions. Please see Permissions and restrictions

Users with 'Admin' permissions in a space, or users with the System Administrator global permission can remove restrictions from pages, even if the page restriction prevents them from viewing the page. Go to Space Administration > Restricted Pages .

If you check the restrictions and permissions and all seems well, then please let us know what happens when the administrator cannot edit a page. Is the edit button missing? Is there a Not Permitted message, for example?

Looking forward to hearing if permissions or restrictions are impacting the ability to edit.

Thanks,

Ann

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2018

Could you explain "unable to edit"?

Do you have an edit button for the pages?  If you do, what happens when you click it?  Edit mode but can't save?  Nothing?  An error message?

Before that though, please get a space (or system) admin to check the page restrictions.

Alan Goldhamer January 9, 2018

Some pages are able to be edited and others are not. Even though the account(s) is a full administrator with full rights. Is there anything else to check?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2018

I'm afraid I could copy and paste my previous answer.  You need to define "unable to edit" and you need to check the permissions and restrictions (admin rights give the user admin rights, not other rights)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events