Unable to Delete Attachments

Don Colvin October 13, 2021

Hi,

One of my users has reported they are unable to delete certain attachments. They are in a user group that has access to delete attachments. The icons & are all greyed out, when you mouse over you get red sign blocking the operation.

Will post a screenshot if I canattachments.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Don Colvin October 21, 2021

Answer / Solution

The solution to this was simple. The attachments you see with the thrash can were added to the JIRA. The others with no thrash can were added in-line in comments. So to delete those you need to edit previously entered text/comments & delete the attachments from there.

I found this out myself by being extra observant when working on my own JIRA items, it was down to ways of working, in some cases I'd add attachments to the JIRA a whole, in other cases I'd be adding comments & adding attachments in-line, hence how I noticed the difference. As a result, I have closed my support case with the Atlassian Service Desk.

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

Hi @Don Colvin If delete attachments permission is granted to a group of users, those users should be able to delete attachments on the page. By any chance are there any page restrictions in place on the page where they are facing issues ? Please also share a screenshot of the error if possible.

Attached now, to be honest I think this is in the wrong area on Community, the issue is with my JIRA Cloud instance. I have raised a support ticket on this matter, from what I can see I have all bases covered, but keen to learn more.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

Oh yes this is Confluence product collection, but that's ok. In your Jira project settings, you will find below permissions -
Delete All Attachments - Users with this permission may delete all attachments.
Delete Own Attachments - Users with this permission may delete own attachments.

You mentioned you already got this checked and everything looks correct ?

Exactly, these project permissions are correctly set

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

Thanks for confirming, then it is expected that it should work. Since you have already raised a support ticket, lets hear it from them and post the solution here :)

Don Colvin October 18, 2021

The solution to this was simple. The attachments you see with the thrash can were added to the JIRA. The others with no thrash can were added in-line in comments. So to delete those you need to edit previously entered text/comments & delete the attachments from there.

I found this out myself by being extra observant when working on my own JIRA items, it was down to ways of working, in some cases I'd add attachments to the JIRA a whole, in other cases I'd be adding comments & adding attachments in-line, hence how I noticed the difference. As a result, I have closed my support case with the Atlassian Service Desk.

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2021

Oh nice catch @Don Colvin thanks for sharing :)

Like Don Colvin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events