Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable connect to existing data after upgrade Confluence docker container from 6.15.5

avoova August 19, 2019

Dear Sirs,

I use the Confluence server running on Synology in Docker for many months without any problem. For upgrading all docker container (Confluence server included) I use the watchtower. Unfortunately, yesterday the watchtower upgraded confluence to a new version andI can't connect to the confluence anymore.

I dont have a backup file for restoring form a clean install, but I back up every day the home folder. Pointing Confluence container to home, confing and install folder (synology volume) is ignored by Confluence. Restart of the container triggers an installation process that ends with a message "Database Contains Existing Confluence Data (Confluence tables already exist in the selected database)".

My question: Is there a way how to run confluence connected to existing folders and database? My data are stored in MySql server (connect via connection string).

My external folders:

• ./conf (contain server.xml file)
  • ./home (all home confluence files)
  • ./install (mysql-connector-java-5.1.47.jar connector)

Note: All folders are backed up every day.

My docker compose file:

version: '3.1'

services:

app:
container_name: 'confluence'
image: atlassian/confluence-server:latest
restart: always
ports:
- 8090:8090
- 8091:8091
volumes:
- /volume1/data/confluence/conf/server.xml:/opt/atlassian/confluence/conf/server.xml
- /volume1/data/confluence/home:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence
- /volume1/data/confluence/install/mysql-connector-java-5.1.47.jar:/opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.47.jar
environment:
- JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY=1024m
- JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY=2048m
networks:
- docker-network

networks:
docker-network:
driver: bridge

Thank you in advance for any help

Pavel

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
avoova August 27, 2019

After fix Confluece works again! The same problem was solved in other topic.

0 votes
xbb August 19, 2019

Hi, I was having a similar if not the same issue as you.

Anyway after the update the config file "confluence.cfg.xml" was overwritten with a new one that triggered the setup mode.

It was my bad that I didn't keep the old image after the update, I should have tagged it before replacing it with the new one.

To resolve I recovered that config file from a previous backup (make sure it is the same version) and switched the image to an unofficial one from cptactionhank/atlassian-confluence (you will need to change the env vars and the volumes mapping)

avoova August 20, 2019

Hm, I downgraded container to version 6.15.5 and restored confluence.cfg.xml + server.xml files. The Confluence starts without any problem. But both new version 6.15.6 and 6.15.7 always clear the confluence.cfg.xml file and Confluence wants to start a clean installation. It is really bad.

Xbb, thanks for the tip the cptactionhank/atlassian-confluence works well, but I would expect this from the official image. However, I prefer the official one, so I'll wait for a fix or other solution. I am also considering clean installation and recover from last backup.

Update

I performed a clean installation of the latest version (6.15.7) and succesfuly restored all data from a backup. Everything worked fine until I restarted the docker container. After restarting the Confluence container, the confluence.cfg.xml file was reset again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events