URL to addspacenotification.action fails with a session timeout

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Hi,

I would like to embed the action to watch a blog within a space into a button for the users to use. Today you need to dig into the Space Admin section to do this which feels too complicated for regular users.

I have learned that this function does the trick:

<Confluence base-URL>/spaces/addspacenotification.action?key=<SPACEKEY>&contentType=blogpost

However, when I "run" this URL from a button (or a link) it fails with an error message saying:

The following error(s) occurred:

• Your request could not be processed because a required security token was not present in the request. You may need to re-submit the form or reload the page.

When I examine the link in the Space Admin section it has an atl_token-parameter as well. I guess this shouldn't be part of a generic command since it is unique for my session. Is that a correct assumption?

Is there any way to workaround this issue?

We are using SSL and have an nginx load-balancer as proxy in front of Confluence.

Thanks in advance!

// Svante

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

I have been investigating this now and found a solution!

A user macro that renders a link to the "Start Watching the Blog" action.

<a href="../../spaces/addspacenotification.action?key=$space.getKey()&contentType=blogpost&#url_xsrfToken()">Watch the $space.getName() Blog</a>

The $space-variable expands into the space-object of the space the macro has been created in. The methods getKey() and getName() give me the information needed.

The velocity template #url_xsrfToken() expands into "atl_token=[looooong session identifier]"

This works well and can be used in any space.

Now I shall work on the layout of the link. I actually want a nice-looking button instead!

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events