URL in address bar doesn't update

Rob Rogers September 28, 2016

I've installed confluence on an EC2 machine, everything works as expected but I'm wondering why the URL in the browser's address bar is not updated when I browse through pages.

For instance if I create a Space called Test on the site example.com and click on the link, the address bar still shows example.com instead of example.com/display/Test. Is there any way to change this?

Also when I mouse over a link the browser displays the ec2 server name and IP address (ie. ec2-xx-xx-xx-xx.com:port/url) instead of the domain name (ie. example.com/url), can I modify this from the confluence configuration or do I need to change the server hostname?

Thank you for your answers.

1 answer

0 votes
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2016

Change the Base URL of your Confluence:

To configure the Server Base URL:

1. Choose the cog icon , then choose General Configuration under Confluence Administration
  2. Choose General Configuration in the left-hand panel
  3. Choose Edit
  4. Enter the new URL in the Server Base URL text box
  5. Choose Save
Rob Rogers September 28, 2016

Hi Noam,

I already tried this without success, is there something else I can do?

The base URL is set to the URL I use to access the site: http://confluence.example.com

Thanks.

noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2016

Go to the server.xml file and make sure you do not have any configurations <Here>:

<Service name="Catalina">
        <Connector port="8090"
                   maxThreads="150"
                   minSpareThreads="25"
                   connectionTimeout="20000"

enableLookups="false"
                   maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
                   protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                   useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
                   redirectPort="8443"
                   acceptCount="100"
                   disableUploadTimeout="true"
                   proxyName="<Here>"
                   proxyPort="<Here>"
                   scheme="http"/>

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

<Context path="/<Here>" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-confluence" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">

Rob Rogers September 29, 2016

I don't have any proxy or context path:

<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
<Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector" port="8090" minProcessors="5"
maxProcessors="75"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
useURIValidationHack="false" URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false">
<Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<!-- Logger is deprecated in Tomcat 5.5. Logging configuration for Confluence is specified in confluence/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties -->
<Manager pathname="" />
</Context>
</Host>
</Engine>
</Service>
</Server>

Also, I can only post 2 times a day, is there any chance you can upvote me to avoid that limit?

Thanks.

noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2016

I suggest you open a support ticket at Atlassian Support and attach a support zip to the ticket, that way they will get a better look on what is causing this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events