URL in address bar doesn't update

I've installed confluence on an EC2 machine, everything works as expected but I'm wondering why the URL in the browser's address bar is not updated when I browse through pages.

For instance if I create a Space called Test on the site example.com and click on the link, the address bar still shows example.com instead of example.com/display/Test. Is there any way to change this?

Also when I mouse over a link the browser displays the ec2 server name and IP address (ie. ec2-xx-xx-xx-xx.com:port/url) instead of the domain name (ie. example.com/url), can I modify this from the confluence configuration or do I need to change the server hostname?

Thank you for your answers.

1 answer

Change the Base URL of your Confluence:

To configure the Server Base URL:

1. Choose the cog icon , then choose General Configuration under Confluence Administration
  2. Choose General Configuration in the left-hand panel
  3. Choose Edit
  4. Enter the new URL in the Server Base URL text box
  5. Choose Save

Hi Noam,

I already tried this without success, is there something else I can do?

The base URL is set to the URL I use to access the site: http://confluence.example.com

Thanks.

Go to the server.xml file and make sure you do not have any configurations <Here>:

<Service name="Catalina">
        <Connector port="8090"
                   maxThreads="150"
                   minSpareThreads="25"
                   connectionTimeout="20000"

enableLookups="false"
                   maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
                   protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                   useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
                   redirectPort="8443"
                   acceptCount="100"
                   disableUploadTimeout="true"
                   proxyName="<Here>"
                   proxyPort="<Here>"
                   scheme="http"/>

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

<Context path="/<Here>" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-confluence" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">

I don't have any proxy or context path:

<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
<Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector" port="8090" minProcessors="5"
maxProcessors="75"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
useURIValidationHack="false" URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false">
<Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<!-- Logger is deprecated in Tomcat 5.5. Logging configuration for Confluence is specified in confluence/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties -->
<Manager pathname="" />
</Context>
</Host>
</Engine>
</Service>
</Server>

Also, I can only post 2 times a day, is there any chance you can upvote me to avoid that limit?

Thanks.

I suggest you open a support ticket at Atlassian Support and attach a support zip to the ticket, that way they will get a better look on what is causing this.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

98 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you