UPGRADE CONFLUENCE AND CHANGE OF SERVER AND DATABASE

Ana Martinez Arroyo June 23, 2022

Hi everyone! 

Im doind an upgrade from Confluence 7.3.2 to 7.13.7 (Data center not clustered).

This new version is going to be allocated in another application server, and moreover, we will change the database too. 

I would like to know , in terms od Database connectivity, which paramaters of the file confluence.cfg.xml i will have to change?

For experience i know the build number parameter its important not to change it (upgrade task of confluence will do it) and i guess obviously i will have to change the conection parameters in order to the new confluence to reach the new database(connection.password,connection.url,connection.username...)  but for exemple, the parameters: jwt.private.key and jwt.public.key do i will have to change them too? or i should let them and then the upgrade task will update them? 

Thank you very much!!

1 answer

0 votes
Mervyn Toh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2022

This depends on what is being configured. Usually, only the following parameters are required to be updates:

• hibernate.connection.url
  • hibernate.connection.username
  • hibernate.connection.url

Atlassian already has a documentation on migrating databases. I'd suggest to go through the documentation.

Ana Martinez Arroyo June 27, 2022

Thank you!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events