Type Jira Software ticket number appears as a link in confluence page

Trena Norcia May 11, 2021

How can I type a software issue number such as sfl-290 and it appear as a link to the issue in a confluence page?

2 answers

0 votes
Remi January 11, 2022

Further question:

To link a Jira ticket in Confluence, I can open the link pop-up via CMD+K and then search for any word within the ticket's description. Instead I want to be able find the ticket by number, such as SFL-290. Is that possible?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Use the Jira macro to insert links to issues in a linked Jira system.  

You could also simply put in a standard web link, but the Jira macro is a bit more powerful.

Trena Norcia May 11, 2021

I need more detail please.  The company I was at prior to this when I would type the issue it became a link to the issue.  How do I use the Jira macro and will that allow anytime you enter an issue number it will link to the issue?  

I also looked for a free app to use.  Can you just give me a little more detail please? Thank you for your reply.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

You don't need apps.  On your Confluence page, type /jira and give it the issue key.  Or filter if you want a list of issues.  You can also insert the macro from the editor toolbar.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events