Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn SQL output in a confluence table to a different view

Carla Valdegas September 27, 2022

I like to use the output of my SQL query table on a conference page to display a different view instead of a table. Do you use CSS code? I am using ScriptRunner macro.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi @Carla Valdegas ,

ScriptRunner is one way of doing it. There's a number of add-ons that helps display SQL data in confluence as well in the market place. For example, this one below:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/225/sql-for-confluence-pro-edition?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter

-BEn

Carla Valdegas September 28, 2022

I would like to create a ScriptRunner macro to display employee profiles on a confluence page that connects to a SQL database. There is a macro called Profile List but don't see where you can pull employee data from SQL. Do you have any examples? Really appreciate it. Thanks!

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

Just in time. Adaptavist ScripRunner has posted an example in their library:

https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/display-sql-results-from-an-external-database-macro?_ga=2.80182935.1498145943.1664401883-1216766160.1598983343

This should get your what you need.

-Ben

Carla Valdegas October 4, 2022

Thank you Ben! I was able to display SQL employee data into a table in confluence earlier using Scriptrunner. What I would like to do is to be able to make the employee name clickable and display a dialog box that contains the employee information like location and department with a few icons for email, phone, and chat. Can I do that with Scriptrunner? Thanks so much for your help! Carla

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events