Turn Off comments on specific Confluence page

kA November 28, 2013

Hi friends,

It is possible turn off the comment option only for specific page in confluence.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2013

Hi Karthik,

As I know this is not possible OOTB. From current options only using a plugin is a way to do it. You can write your own or use one of the existing on Marketplace for example Community Forms that allows locking comments on specific pages - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.forums

I hope that will help.

Best Regards,

Mirek

5 votes
Serafim Herts June 19, 2014

Hello!

I get this by adding a HideElements macro to the page. It was best solution for me =)

Sandra Meessen February 26, 2019

Do I understand correctly that this is not a "Confluence administrator" functionality, but any user with write access on the space/page can change the options? 

1 vote
kA November 28, 2013

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for your updates, i add this script in a HTML comment macro on a page. But still the comment is visible.

Is there is any way to hide that comment.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Kapil Bolli
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013
Hi Karthik,

Can you try this script.

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$('#comments-section').hide();
});
 for (var i=0; i<nr_li; i++) {
    // if the element has the class fom 'clasa' parameter
    if(tags_li[i].getAttribute('class') == 'innerCell'){
		 tags_li[i].style.overflow = 'visible';
			//tags_li[i].style.overflow-y= 'visible';
	}    
  }
</script>

kapil

Brittany Hall October 16, 2014

this method worked for me on my server instance! thanks =)

Fadoua Boualem November 3, 2014

It worked for me, thank you!

Ole_Kværnø February 5, 2016

Worked in Atlassian Confluence 5.4.4. Thank you! smile

Taiwo Ojo February 28, 2018

is there a way to make submitted comments invisible on page until an administrator approves it?

Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

@Taiwo Ojo I believe Confluence does not support that kind of functionality

1 vote
Kapil Bolli
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

Hi Karthik,

You can hide the comments button using below Javascript.

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$('#comments-section').hide();
}
</script>

You need to add this script in a html macro on a page where , you want to hide comments.

-Kapil

Andreas December 4, 2013

Will this work for Confluence OnDemand as well?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2013

Jan,

This will not work, because the HTML macro is severly limited in Confluence OnDemand (for security reasons).

Best regards,

Peter

Vlad Papish January 15, 2015

Kapil, your answer works but it has a typo. Also you need to enable html macro: 1. In Confluence go to: Admin > General Configuration > Manager Add-ons Find the 'Confluence HTML Macros' under System add-ons. Enable the 'html' module. CAUTION - this has serious security consequences. 2. Edit the page where you wish to hide comments. Insert the 'html' macro. Paste the following text into the html macro - note the extra ')' on line 4: <script type="text/javascript"> AJS.toInit(function(){ AJS.$('#comments-section').hide(); }) </script>

0 votes
Deleted user October 7, 2020

You can add the "HideElements" makro where you can choose some hideable elements like comments, likes, confluence logo, ...

Hide.pngHideElements.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events