Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trying to migrate but JSD/JSM users are being counted

ALL the users except for my core group of TEN that are in my directory are JSD/JSM customers with no license seats. 

However, when I try to migrate, I seem to be forced to include them ALL, with few choices. Either I disable the 3100 entirely, and manually, or I pay for confluence cloud for these thousands of users who never use it, which will cost nearly $10,000 per month.

I can't seem to figure out how to exclude them, even though I've been fighting with it for more than an hour, and I don't like asking for help, but I'm at my wit's end.

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Sam Ugulava Atlassian Team Jan 14, 2022

Hi @Chris Purser

I'm a Product Manager on the Confluence Content Experience team. Thanks for sharing your feedback and drawing attention to this problem. It sounds like you were able to find a workaround for the problem, but it was challenging to find and not an ideal solution. 

I've passed on this issue to our migration platform team who will investigate potential solutions so we can improve this experience for everyone. I'll ask that team to provide an update once they are able to look into the issue so we keep you up to date. 

Thanks again!

Sam

We got around it by not choosing "all users" and instead choosing the other option, something like "only choose users that associate with the selected spaces" - and then selecting ALL spaces. That did not kick the license seat error.

Does it show you that the customers are being migrated as users or as customers?  Is it possible to get a screenshot of what you are seeing?

We got around it by not choosing "all users" and instead choosing the other option, something like "only choose users that associate with the selected spaces" - and then selecting ALL spaces. That did not kick the license seat error.

There was no option to choose "customers" or not. This was migrating confluence, not Jira/JSM.  It was only the JSM users (customers) that were causing the trouble, but causing it in confluence.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

38,315 views 28 126
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you