Trying to hide/suppress multiexcerpt include error when page doesn't exist

LoupGarou May 19, 2021

I'm creating a "parent page" template, that has the "multiexcerpt include" macros inserted. The "multiexcerpt include" macros are looking for specific child pages of the parent (there is a template being used to create these pages). In some cases, the child pages have not been created yet. There is another template that will create the child pages with the "multiexcept" macro sections that the parent page is expecting. 

This seems to work fine, except when the child page hasn't been create yet. I receive a Page not found messages on the parent page:

Page not found for multiexcerpt macro.

The page: Team Eggplant Test was not found. Please check/update the page name used in the 'multiexcerpt-include' macro.

Is there a way to suppress this message when the page(s) have not been created yet? If so, how would I go about doing this? My skills in Confluence are quite limited, so some hand holding may be required.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

Hi @LoupGarou ,

If you have the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app installed for your instance, you may use its Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros that allow you to collect tables within multiple pages and spaces searched by:

• page names
  • page trees
  • labels

If you choose the latter option, then you won't get any mistakes that some of the pages are not still created. Here is an example of a similar use case (the post was created for Confluence Cloud but the algorithm is the same).

LoupGarou May 20, 2021

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, we do not have the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence installed on our platform and I'm pretty sure requesting to have it installed will end in an emphatic no. I appreciate your answer and wish the solution would be that easy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events