Trial of confluence: user with no permission able to add a page

Paulie Rainbow January 7, 2014

I am testing out a trial of Confluence and I added a user who was able to add a team space, but not able to view that team space.

The user has not been granted any explicit permissions and I set the group "users" to not have any privileges except viewing.

What could I have set wrong? Could this be a function of the trial?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Paulie Rainbow

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2014

Hi Paulie,

You need to remove the can create spaces permission from your global user permission for the group.

You can do this by going to your Confluence Administration page and selection the Global Permissions menu item from the menu on the left.

Best regards,

Peter

Paulie Rainbow January 7, 2014

I'll give this a try!

Paulie Rainbow January 8, 2014

This is not working for me. I am trying to evaluate the use of Confluence with JIRA using the OnDemand setup. I have set up a user that only belongs to the group "users" she does not belong to any other grou. I followed your instructions and stripped the "users" of the create space, but the user can still create a page. There is no global permission that specifies "create page"

She cannot add a page to a space that I created and is particularly locked down, but she can add pages to other spaces I have created. Is this simply correct behavior? How do we control the ability of "junior" users to not add pages?

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

If the user has only view permissions, then they cannot add/edit the page. This is the default functionality of the confluence. If the user want to add/edit/delete page permission then we need to grant those perms in the space admin of that page.

Thanks,

Patina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events