Trash or Log for deleted Attachments like it exists for Pages

hi together,

we have the following situation: our confluence is not restricted so every user is able to do most things like creating pages/editing pages and delete pages. if a user deletes a page the space admin is able to restore it.

but right now we have a problem with the attachments. the attachments on a page are versioned. thats fine, but: if a user deletes an attachment, this is gone forever. there is no trash where a space admin is able to restore that attachment nore a log that tells me which user deleted this attachment.

my only idea would be: let only the space admins delete attachments. so if a user want to delete a attachment he has to request the space admin to delete this attachment.

does anyone knows another solution that is more user friendly but also lets an admin tell the CEO: hey that attachment was deleted by user xyz?

regards

--dirk

1 answer

3 votes

Hi Dirk,

Actually it's not possible to move attachments to trash. We have a improvement for that already: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-6824 I suggest to vote and watch.

As for attachments permissions, you can set that in Confluence space permissions and state if a person or group can add or remove attachments for that space: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Assigning+Space+Permissions

Hope that helps! :)

Regards,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

355 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you