Traffic stats for Confluence

Bob Nicholson August 20, 2012

I was hoping to find a way to track page traffic in Confluence (without installing macros on eahc page). The installation is behind a firewell, so we can't use Goggle Analytics.

I found a link to a plugin called Traffic Stats Plugin, but the page is missing:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DEVNET/Traffic+Stats+Plugin

Any idea what happened to the plugin? Is there another way to track traffic?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012
Bob Nicholson August 20, 2012

Ah - thank you. From the initial blurb, I thought this required a macro to be installed on each page I wanted to track. I see now that I was mistaken, and this does what I need.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2014

You haven't gone into details about what you'd use this information for.

1. If it is for full-blown analytics, then besides Kay's answer, you should also check out the Viewtracker Plugin.
  2. If it is primarily to find the "abandoned" pages that no-one views anymore, then the Archiving Plugin, particularly its page view tracking feature is your friend.
0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 21, 2012

Hi Bob,

Just because you're behind a firewall, it doesn't necessarily mean you can't use Google Analytics. Do your client browsers have access to the internet? if so, you can still track usage with Google Analytics.

If you want to embed Google Analytics reports into Confluence with Google Analytics for Confluence plugin, then you'd have to open up the firewall for your Confluence server (only) to communicate with www.google-analytics.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events