Tracking Attendance and Projects

Casey Cain December 19, 2019

I work with a number of open source communities and their governance model in some instances requires that we track attendance to meetings and "Project Representation" at meetings to determine election/voting eligibility at the end of the year.

Is there an existing macro that can support something like this?

Essentially I need a way to track the number of times someone has checked in to certain meetings independently and a way to define a "Project" and track how many times that project checked into those same meetings.

I'm still a bit new to confluence, so I may not know all of the terminologies / available macros. 

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2022

Hi Casey,

A little late to the party, but here are some suggestions from my side.

For the attendance list, you could use a table with (/) and (x) symbols to track attendance instead. Or you use a status macro. 

Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 10.39.08.png

However, it also seems to me, that using Empty Tasks now is an option, since the newer versions of Confluence, both Server/DC and Cloud, do not show empty tasks in reports anymore.

You might also have a look at our App Meetical Meetings, which includes a participant list macro to get the participants from the Calendar and show them in a dynamic list. 

I hope this helps. I'd be very curious about this use case, would be great if you want to get in touch with me!

Many greetings

Lukas

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2020

Hello Casey,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this.

For your meetings, I would recommend using the Meeting Notes Blueprint. You can track attendance using the Task Report Macro and display each time someone was added to the attendance list. 

You can add specific labels to your meetings, depending on which project was discussed, and use this to filter out the information on the Task Report Macro.

You can also display a list of meetings with the report's label using the Content by Label macro.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon 

Eric T September 9, 2020

Hi Shannon, Question for you, the problem with Check list, is if it's used for the attendee list and then you have tasks below, when you use the Task Macro on another page to pull in all tasks it shows the attendee list as tasks to do (for those who didn't attend the meeting). 

Any thoughts around that?

Thanks.

Eric

Benjamin Erhard September 28, 2020

I have the same issue:

I want to have a overview of all invitees and a status if they were in the meeting.
 - using task is not a solution, because this is not a TASK and the Task Report will then show only empty task....

- using the User List Macro, is not ok, because the colleagues in the meeting are not allowed to be a dynamic list. Because the Meeting minutes should show the information at the time of the meeting and not the current status.

so my final idea is custom user macro... :-(

but I don't want do create this on my onw, because this is a common requirement from my point of view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events