cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track key metrics from Confluence Questions plugin

Jorge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

Hi, i'm interested in finding getting some nice SQL queries to get statistics about the usage of Confluence Questions. It could be things like:

• # of questions asked
  • # of answers given, accepted
  • # of upvotes
  • # of questions per topic

I know that some of these things are easy to get by clicking around, but i'm actually looking for a way to make an easy report that I can track over time.

The name of the table and fields relevant for this are very much appreciated.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jorge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

In the meantime, this page has a txt file with some good queries that can be used.

It uses the SQL macro, but the queries can be used from any database client: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DISC/Site+Statistics

0 votes
marunmohan March 25, 2020

Is it possible to take the below metrics from database?

• # of answers accepted
  • # of upvotes
0 votes
Jorge
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2014

Excellent! Thanks.

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2014

FYI - we've got an open ticket for implementing this feature at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-518

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2014

I would recommend a way via the api and mind the sql.

But, at least, a look here would suggest, that this will not be that easy... https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-376

Try the Active Objects Browser from the developer tools to find out if and what information is stored in an active obects table.

Take a look on the content table, I would guess questions are pages and answers are comments. topics are maybe labels... If nothing is found in active objects, try to find something in the page properties.

And to say it once more, that is just a theoretical debatte where I would take a look to find the informations ;)

Hope somebody is deeper in this then me....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events