Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track changes / word count in Confluence

Elaine Foley April 16, 2020

Hi, 

Is there any way to easily track changes in Confluence, something similar to MS Word functionality? Also, is there a word count option? I see there is a plug-in called Word Count +, but other than that, do any of you more experienced users have any suggestions? 

As in my previous questions, we send our content to be translated, so ideally, we would like to know how many words have been added/modified/deleted each time, and see where those changes were made (without doing compare versions for each page as we have a few thousand so that's not viable).

Thanks, again.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 16, 2020

Hi @Elaine Foley,

in regards to tracking changes, do you already know about Page versions & history? There you can see precisely who changed what and when.

I think for word count you'll indeed need an app from the Atlassian Marketplace.

Cheers,
Sven

Elaine Foley May 6, 2020

Thanks so much for your reply, Sven.

Is there any word count app in particular you could recommend? We would like to both count the words in a 'new' topic as well as see how many words were changed in topics that are updated.

Thanks, again.

Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2020

Hi @Elaine Foley,

Unfortunately I have never used a word count app myself so I can't give any recommendations, but maybe you'll find something useful in related discussions here on the community.

Cheers,
Sven

4 votes
Steve May 25, 2021

I'm a writer who now works in Confluence cloud. I wanted a quick and simple way to highlight and get a word and character count so I built it. I just added it to the marketplace - Easy Word Count for Confluence Cloud.

It's an inline word count and character count, first one like in Confluence cloud. Highlight text - click menu - result. Takes 3 seconds.

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
May 27, 2021

Go ahead and create a change tracker for us @Steve 

Steve May 27, 2021

@Capi [resolution] can you tell me a little more what you are looking for, is there a specific problem (requirement) you need to solve.

Like Ebrahim likes this
1 vote
Nathan Waters - AppsPlus August 21, 2020

I built the Word Count+ app :)

Tracking the word count history for each content update is a feature I can definitely add if there's enough demand.

For anyone reading this, shoot me an email if you want that feature: support@appsplus.co

Suhad Mabjeesh July 4, 2022

yes please'

m email: smabjeesh@gmail.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events