Traceability numbering in pages

Eva Kielczewski May 16, 2023

Is there a way to number all elements of a page to maintain full traceability for regulatory requirements? Headings by default do not accept numbering - is there a specific way to have all headings/paragraphs/subtext/tables numbered in such a way that it follows the decimal notation to indicate heirarchy?

2 answers

0 votes
Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Eva Kielczewski 

Yes, unfortunately, you have to use an app from the Atlassian marketplace for numbering headings because there is no built-in feature in Confluence. 

For example, other solutions you can consider are: 

Numbered Headings for Confluence

Content Formatting Macros for Confluence 

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 07.14.04.png

The last one except numbering headings allows adding other useful macros for content formatting: tabs, buttons, tooltips, footnotes, etc.

You can choose which tool is the best for your needs. 

My team created them, so I'd be happy to assist if you have any questions.

0 votes
Mileva Briand May 16, 2023

Hey Eva 😊 , 

Are you familiar with Requirement Yogi? I think it could help you in a way, it is a complete requirement management app so it would fill more than what you ask for though 😉.

If you want to number elements of your page, including headings and so on, you could put yogi macros into your headings which could help you reference them into the traceability and Jira issues.

I don't know if this truly helps but it could be a workaround 😉

Let me know!

Bests,

Mileva

Eva Kielczewski May 16, 2023

Thanks i will try it out. Is this an additional application plug in you have to purchase?

Mileva Briand May 16, 2023

You're welcome! Yes, there is a free 30 day trial. If you find the app useful, or not, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me me here 😉

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events