We are using jira software and confluence together. Recently, we have installed crowd for SSO and it working well for last few days. Today, I had modified one option "Remote API" enable in confluence and then a few hours later, I couldn't find the top bar menu in confluence. This is happening in Chrome and Microsoft explore together.
Here is screenshot,
there is some error message in black " $soyTemplateRendererHelper.getRenderedTemplateHtml("com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-experimental-soy-templates", "aui.page.header.soy", $templateParameters) "
The problem is top bar menu missing, I could not open admin panel (configuration menu). We need to fix this issue, your kind support shall be appreciated.
Best Regards, Tony Park
Hello there @TP ! As I understand, the top bar options are not present and are replaced by a string that represents the classes responsible for that menu.
I have seen this happen in the past when one or more Confluence system plugins (or modules) have been disabled. There is one thing we could try first, the cache clear:
- Shut Confluence down
- Remove the following folders: <confluence_home>/plugins-osgi-cache <confluence_home>/bundled-plugins
- Go to <confluence_home>/work directory
- Delete everything inside the work directory
- Start Confluence
- Check if your plugins are working as expected
Some notes about this procedure:
- The folders you deleted will be recreated after Confluence starts up. Since you deleted some files, the next startup might take some, more than usual.
- Some of the folders mentioned above might not be present in your instance.
- It is recommended to schedule some downtime for this procedure
If the above does not work, check this documentation:
The documentation name does not reflect your exact case, but the root case is likely to be the same, taking in consideration what we know about the issue.
Keep in mind that before touching your database, as advised by the documentation above, we strongly advise you to backup your database. If anything goes wrong during the queries, you can always restore it.
I hope this shines some light into your issue, Terry! Looking forward to your reply.
Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event