Toolbar changes after migrating to the cloud

Justin.Thomas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2020

Ran into a problem after our company migrated to the cloud.

The toolbar for editing pages has lost functionality, however all the old documents that were migrated to the cloud, kept the same toolbar. I only lose the old toolbar if i create a new page.

Both of these toolbars are accessible within the cloud, but I cannot find any option to swap to either or. This is causing problems in consistency within the documents that I'm creating

Here are screenshots of both toolbars, both within the cloud:

New Toolbar:

image (1).png

Old Toolbar:

image.png

If possible, I'd like to be able to use the old toolbar please!!

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

Hello Justin,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

Last year, Confluence Cloud sites got a new editor, which is why you are seeing a different toolbar on pages you create with the new editor. There's a discussion here Try out the new editing experience by Product Manager, Avinoam.

If you find some of your favorite features are missing, you can compare them with the Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap to see if and when you can expect that feature to return.

Your older pages created with the old editor will still use the old editor, unless you choose to migrate them over to the new editor. New pages will be created with the new editor, but some sites will have the option still to use the old one until the new one is rolled out 100% onto your site.

CleanShot 2020-01-31 at 14.41.34.png

If your site does not have this option, it's likely already been rolled out completely onto your site. You can create a support ticket if you want us to look at your site directly and let you know what editor options are available to you.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events