To copy a page and all its child pages

Ole Jakob Tønsberg Ryther March 14, 2019

I don't see to understand how I do this.

I follow this g7uide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/copy-a-page-139013.html

but cannot ffind how to include children pages in the Copy => re-location process

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2019

Hi @Ole Jakob Tønsberg Ryther 

Are you on Confluence Cloud or Server? Which version do you use?

Don't you see the "Include child pages" option when you copy a page? Like the print screen: 

Copy Page.png

Hi

Im on cloud

0 votes
Paul Sherry November 11, 2020

Is this functionality now on the near horizon? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-2814 

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2020

Yes it is, see the comment: 

Atlassian Update: October 21, 2020

Hi Confluence Cloud customers,

I have some exciting news! We have started working on this feature and it should be rolling out in the coming months. It is certainly about time, and I’m looking forward to seeing this improvement help you move work forward faster in Confluence. Thank you again for continuing to share your feedback with us.

Also, be sure to check out our new public cloud roadmap: https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud

Best,
Tim Clipsham
Product Manager, Confluence Cloud

Regards, Dominic

Like Paul Sherry likes this
Paul Sherry June 16, 2021

Just reviewing my comments. Great to see this feature now live in Cloud! 

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

Oh I see.

What you trying to do is change the page location. When you click copy, a new copy is created "Copy of INOSA user guide". The copy process is done at this stage. Now you click the page location icon and try to change the page location of the page. There you just set where the page should be. 

What is missing is my print screen from above. If I click copy, then this dialog opens to me. I use Confluence Server, so this might be a Confluence Cloud thing. 

Does the site have children? 

It have children. I guess it is not possible in the cloud solution. I don't get up your pop-up. I checked some forum, and it might be. Just funny to see that Atlassian has a description on how to do it :).

Thanks anyway for your time, Dominic. Apriciated.

Ole Jakob

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

I again checked it. 

The documentation you found is for confluence server :) 

This documentation is for cloud. And this says: 

This method of copying a page doesn't copy the child pages.

So you are right, on confluence cloud, this option does not exist. 

Well, then I have a h... of a job in front of me :)

Larry June 21, 2019

"ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNfluence." From the made for youtube lunchtime work special: "The Wrath of Confluence".

Mike Shtyrev April 23, 2020

What a piece of crap.

Sylvain Bernard May 4, 2020

NO WAY!!! on cloud too... been looking for "Copy with child" for an hour.

This is so tiring all those server/cloud differences, i.e. limitations...

Larry May 4, 2020

There are plugins that help, I believe. Just used "Deep Copy" for Jira which worked out well. I think they have one for confluence as well.

Larry May 4, 2020

But yes, I feel your pain.

kannan.sampathkumar November 11, 2020

Did we have any fix for this ? We still won't be able to copy with child page in Confluence cloud ? 

0 votes

pic1.PNGpic2.PNGpic3.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events