Title above my header

M. Cristina Pullen April 6, 2022

Why is my page title (the one that's created automatically after creating a page, not with the heading 1 font) above my header? I need to move it below my header and menu bar. 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I'm afraid the short answer is that you can't.

The page title is not part of the structure of the content, as the headers are.

Several authors have said that you could think of it as "h0.", meaning it's the zeroth header level, which can only occur once in a page, because it defines the entire page, and hence can only appear above everything else.

If you dig into the code of Confluence, you would find that there are (I am over-simplifying this) three layers.  They are:

• Confluence's system stuff (menu bar if you're looking at content, everything when you're on the dashboard, being an admin or searching)
  • The frame within which a page is displayed (sidebar, page options and a big box for content)
  • The content of a page

The page title is part of layer 2, not 3.  It's always going to appear at the top of a page, it's in the bar that has the page options in it.

But.

I have a feeling I may be missing something.  If the page title is not in layer 2 for you, could you give us a screenshot?  Please do simplify the screen if you are worried about sharing the content, it's the structure and view we are interested in (take the shot of a test space with one page and no useful data on it, or fuzz over text and images)

0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

can you send a snapshot? It is difficult to visualize exactly which part of the page you are referring to.  I think you are referring to the path created in space hierarchy.

It is also that what you are seeing is part of the template for the page. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events