Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Capitalization

ashan March 17, 2013

Hi team confluence,

Right now, every word in my titles is automatically capitalized by confluence. For example, if I have a <h3> title as "Intall on Linux", confluence automatically sets this as "Install On Linux". This is incorrect capitalization. How can I fix this please?

Thank you.

-Ashan

6 answers

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2013

How do you replicate this issue? Did you specify the heading from Confluence Editor or is it from html macro?

0 votes
ashan March 25, 2013

The reason why I think it is confluence doctheme styling is because <H2> titles are all capitalized. <H3> titles capitalize the first letter of all words. It appears correctly in <h4> and below.

I tested on IE 9 and firefox 19. Firefox has add-ons but I rarely even use IE. It happens in multiple machines too.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2013

Ah, I see. I was testing on the default theme, not the documentation theme. Maybe this is the difference? I'll test again now.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2013

I just tested on Confluence 4.2.2, with the documentation theme enabled using IE9, and I'm not getting any kind of auto-capitalisation behaviour in Confluence. I'm not sure what your problem could be!

Do you have any custom JavaScript, CSS or theme/header/footer modifications in Confluence (added by an Administrator) that could be doing this?

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2013

I don't think Confluence does this, it might be something in your browser that is automatically capitalizing as you type. What browser are you using, and do you have any browser add-ons or extensions installed? Have you tried this on a different browser and/or on a different computer and if so, do you get the same behaviour?

0 votes
ashan March 19, 2013

Any help on this guys?

0 votes
ashan March 17, 2013

That would be 4.2.2

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

what version of Confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events