Timestamp macro in Confluence?

Brandon Robins December 4, 2017

I have a table in a Confluence page that multiple users will add rows to.  Is there anyway to have Confluence add a time stamp to the row that is the date/time that the row was added without the user having to do anything??

2 answers

1 vote
Anastasia Bek _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 7, 2023

Hello everyone,

I'm Anastasia, a product marketing manager at Stiltsoft.

We’re happy to announce that our Handy Macros for Confluence now offers a better solution for this use case. We have delivered Handy Status Timestamp. This macro can be synchronized with any Handy Status on a Confluence page. Once done, you will see the status update date and time in the format you select.

For example, you can create a table with several columns to track the status progress for each row and add multiple Handy Status Timestamps (one macro for each row). Once you update the status value, the timestamp is updated automatically.

image-20230907-072842.png

If you need more details on it or want to see it in action, feel free to jump on a quick call with us.

Thanks!

Anastasia

Anastasia Bek _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2023

Long time no see :) ; in case you need a timestamp macro for the Cloud, we've just released the Handy Timestamp from the Handy Macros for Confluence Cloud. This macro allows you to record a specific moment in time so its date and time can't be changed manually in the edit mode, which makes it perfect for your time management and needs within various projects; feel free to let us know if the functionality needs to be tailored other use cases as well! 

Cheers,

Anastasia

Handy Timestamp (1).png

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Hello Brandon,

You may find Handy Timestamp macro (Handy Macros add-on) useful in your case. This macro shows date/time when it was inserted. It can be inserted with Ctrl+Alt+T hotkey.

Lesley Monro October 20, 2023

Hello,

I searched for this subject because I am having trouble getting the hot key Ctrl + Alt+ T to enable the timestamp.  I can manually place a time stamp through menu picks, but every time required editing the set up first.  I have checked and my short cut keys are enabled (through the help window).  Any idea how to get the hot key working?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events