You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Our company makes use of JSM, JIRA and Confluence (Cloud version)
I'm building some reports for our customers and colleagues.
Now i'm experiencing a curious problem. I made a filter in Jira that shows all the necessery colums I want. Including the SLA columns "Time To First Response" and "Time to Resolution.
However, when I embed this filter in Confluence it says "not Valid SLA" (The SLA is valid as it shows times and markers in the Jira filter and in the JSM tickets.
I've tried this solution:
There are some known causes for this effect:
This is not the solution. Do you have any ideas on where this could go wrong?
Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?
The list: Note the first ticket, that's a ticket in which we failed to respond as a first response within time.
Also is the filter made up of multiple projects?
No this is my filter with an example project and product:
project = "Example JSM Project" AND product = "Project example" AND createdDate >= startOfYear(6M) AND createdDate <= startOfYear(9M) ORDER BY created DESC
I see i blurred a bit too much. I have a screenshot that shows a couple of ticket numbers.
All issues show in the filter, however the field "Time to first response" of ticket numbers (Key) SUPPORT-453 shows the time (The only ticket where we did not manage to have a response-time within the SLA)
Key's SUPPORT-452, SUPPORT-440 and SUPPORT-403 as you can see have a response-time that shows up in the filter but it gives a "not valid SLA" in confluence.
This is a screenshot where you can see a bit more, i keep the names blurred if that is okay.
@d_arslan Sorry if I am not being clear. In your original reply, you shared a screenshot of the issues in the filter results and a screenshot of the issues in Confluence with the issue IDs blurred. I was wondering if you could do the same again but without the Ids blurred so I could see what it looked like in Jira and Confluence. I was then going to try and recreate.
@d_arslan I was just looking at what you provided again and I do not need what I asked for above. I noticed something with what you shared. Support-453 does not have an SAL on the issue yet it shows in Confluence. All the other issues you shared do have responses. I was able to get the not a valid SLA to display when I used an SLA not associated with the issue in that project. Could you check in confluence if there is multiple time to first response?
@Brant Schroeder first my reply on your first question: in screenshot 1 i will show the filter results on 2 it is the jira view in confluence: the orange icon is a task, the red icon an incident and a purple icon a change. out focus on sla's and first responsetimes goes out to incidents.
On your second post from yesterday: I was aware on the problem with ticket SUPPORT-453. There is already an issue made on the support site of Jira. Since a couple of days SLA's disappear on the issue-pages. We've already let the Jira atlassian specialists look into it but they can't see either why this happens.
@Brant SchroederI've an update on the issue in Jira, the Jira part of the problem is solved. The issue on confluence still stays. It seems that that issue was not related to the SLA issue on Jira :(. Have you found something that might be the cause of the confluence reports problem with "time to first response"?
In issue JST-702777 is the solution (see the reply from Simon to Rudy).
Hi Rudy, Thanks for contacting us!
My name is Simon, and I'll be assisting you with this case.
I suspect that you are running into a known bug related to SLAs, where the SLA can disappear if the SLA configuration is changed and the stop event of the SLA refers to a past event.
• JSDCLOUD-3562: SLA disappears if the "Stop" condition refers to a past event
To work around this problem, it's possible to force a recalculation of the SLAs data for only certain issues using the guide on this page: SLAs in Jira Service Management are missing or disappear - Jira - Atlassian Documentation
Furthermore, I'd advise you to add yourself as a watcher to the bug report, and I've also added a private comment linking this case to the bug report for our dev's review.
Please feel free to add any comments you think are necessary and/or important to the bug report.
When this bug is in the queue for a fix, the status will change to In Progress, and you will be notified (as a watcher). For additional information on Atlassian's bug-fix policy, please visit this guide As this is a bug in the product and further updates will be communicated through the bug report, I'm suggesting this ticket as resolved.
That being said, if any additional assistance or if you have questions on how to proceed with the workaround, please let us know! Best Regards, Simon | Atlassian Cloud Support
They were not related.
A re-index has already been one without success