Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time series chart macro with minutes

Christoph Burgmair November 22, 2019

Hi,
I'm using the standard chart macro from Confluence to display time series data in a line diagram. I use the type timeSeries for the chart macro. In the first column of the input table, the timestamp is given in the format "dd.MM.yy HH:mm" and in the second column, the number of assets are given.

Despite there is no timestamp twice in the table, I get the following error:
"You are attempting to add an observation for the time period Thu Nov 07 00:00:00 UTC 2019 but the series already contains an observation for that time period. Duplicates are not permitted. Try using the addOrUpdate() method."

Screenshot 2019-11-22 at 21.44.55.png

Somehow, the macro cannot read the hours and minutes despite the date/time format should be ok.

The result should look similar to the following chart but as time series chart with correct gaps between the data points.

Screenshot 2019-11-22 at 22.25.12.png

Any idea?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christoph Burgmair November 28, 2019

Hi, thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I do not have Table Filter and Charts installed. But the support team helped me to resolve it:
It looks like the time format field does not handle spaces well. I have altered the value to have "," between the date and time and adjusted the format and it looks good now.Screenshot 2019-11-28 at 23.26.47.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

Hi Christoph,

You can try Chart from Table macro as a workaround in case you have Table Filter and Charts installed. It can be combined with Pivot Table macro to aggregate time values by hours, for example, to get gaps when there are no values for corresponding time periods.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

Hello Christoph,

Thank you for contacting us. I noticed you raised the same question in our support queue. I'm not sure of the reason that you're getting this error, but when you are able to resolve it with the support team, could you please let us know where what the issue is?

I'd be interested to see and it can help users in the future.

Thank you!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events