Tickets in which my name is mentioned

Shirly Meresman May 12, 2020

Is there a way to see on Jira's board (I'm obviously a part of) all tickets that I commented on / or someone just tagged me?

When I tried the dipper search, I filtered to only one result... (which I can't explain) but I was absolutely tagged in more than 40 comments at least :eyeglasses:

3 answers

1 vote
Eric Kearney October 19, 2023

I found that you could achieve tickets you were mentioned in but using your JIRA ID.

Steps:

1. Go to your JIRA profile page.
  2. Look in the URL, the ending string of characters is your id.
    1. ex. https://yourjira.atlassian.net/jira/people/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  3. Then use that to build a filter with JQL.

ex. If you wanted to see all issues you were mentioned on in the last 7 days.

comment ~ XXXXXXXXXX and updatedDate >= startofday(-7d) order by updatedDate
0 votes
Mehmet Can Kırtaş _ALMBASE_ October 27, 2022

Hi Shirly,

You could use mentionsMe() and mentionsUser() functions of our add-on GO! JQL to search for issues that you or a particular user were mentioned in(including comments).

You could try the plugin for free!

Best,

Mehmet

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2020

Hello @Shirly Meresman !

As I understand, you need to find all tickets where your user has been mentioned.

You can do that in both Jira and Confluence Jira macros by using Jira Query Language (JQL) and your accountID.

If you need to find tickets where you have been mentioned no matter where, you can use a simple query like this one:

text ~ accountid:555555:c55c5c5c-5c5c-5c55-5c55-cc555cc5555c

This query looks into any text within the tickets. The ~ operator is a looks for any occurrences of the string you gave it. The acountID value can be found when you create a new ticket and mention a user.

Here is how:

1. Go to Jira
  2. Create a new Ticket
  3. Mention yourself
  4. Check that your mention looks like this [My Name|~accountid:555555:c55c5c5c-5c5c-5c55-5c55-cc555cc5555c]
  5. Copy the accountid and the value that comes after it, nothing else
  6. Use it with the query

However, if you want to look solely within comments or the ticket description, you can use this:

description ~ accountid:555555:c55c5c5c-5c5c-5c55-5c55-cc555cc5555c

comment ~ accountid:555555:c55c5c5c-5c5c-5c55-5c55-cc555cc5555c

There is also a Feature request aiming at a simpler usage of this kind of search. Here, take a look:

However, if you need to find ticket commented by someone specific, we will need to resort to third-party applications. Here, take a look into this older community thread:

I hope this shines some light! Looking forward to your reply.

Ari Maguire September 28, 2022

So there's no simple way to just get a notification in JIRA's UI to see your own? Why even have mentions in your platform if they're just spit out in convoluted emails that you can't customize as a normal user. This is ridiculous.

Like # people like this
Khaled Bediri March 22, 2023

Totally agree! I can't believe the function does not exist out of the box...who wants to go through tons of tickets or email notifications to find out where he is needed

Like # people like this
Kelly Kelly Kelly September 19, 2023

100%. Isn't that the point of this whole thing? The SQL queries are fine for devs, but what about other project participants?!

Tejeev Patel January 26, 2024

How is this still an issue?  Is the mention feature ever going to be completed?

Like Julie DuPree likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events