Ticket created time not reflecting correct time

Khairul_Neezam_Ramlee January 15, 2020

Hi,

I am on Cloud JIRA. Everything in the system has been set to my Asia +8 timezone. However, when I attempt to create a test ticket, the system still displays in +0 GMT timezone.

I've searched the knowledgebase, but didn't see any threads specifically to address this issue on the Cloud.

Anyone care to share guidance?

Capture.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

@Khairul_Neezam_Ramlee

Just realised you are using date time custom field. It's a know bug in Jira which is being tracked in this link: JRACLOUD-72350

The description of the bug seems to say that the issue only occurs when both date and datetime fields are used in tandem.

But I am only using the datetime field alone.

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

@Khairul_Neezam_Ramlee 

Here is most recent bug: JRACLOUD-73554 specific to date/time custom field.

Thanks @Veera . It's unfortunate a very basic timezone issue still exists to this date.

I think for the moment, I will expllicitly label my date/time field to indicate that the timing is in UTC, so that when Atlassian eventually fixes the issue, I don't need to patch the data fields.

Like Veera likes this
Veera
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2020

I completely I agree with you @Khairul_Neezam_Ramlee the bug should have been fixed by now.

I like the workaround you mentioned. 

0 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2020

@Khairul_Neezam_Ramlee ,

All the date & time values are stored in the UTC format in backend database for Jira Cloud.

However, you can update timezone settings  in Jira / personal level to view the values in your own timezone.

System level default user timezone settings: 

https://hostname.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa

User Personal settings:

https://hostname.atlassian.net/secure/ViewPersonalSettings.jspa

I have already set these two correctly prior to raising this issue. But it doesn't make a difference.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events