Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is not a valid database name

Jarmo Kauppinen March 8, 2014

Hi,

I got stuck with the "not valid database" -error when trying out PocketQuery. I'm using MySQL and the testdb -database is in the same MySQL-instance as confluence. Confluence works fine.

Parameters entered in Database Management:

* Name: MySQL vega

* Url: jdbc:mysql://localhost/testdb

* Driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

* User: root

* Password: *****

I tried out also Bob Swifth's SQL plugin which worked fine with the same set of parametres

(new Data source added to confluence tomcat's server.xml

<Resource name="jdbc/testdbDS"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/testdb?autoReconnect=true&amp;allowMultiQueries=true"
username="root"

password="****"
maxActive="25"
maxIdle="5"
maxWait="10000"
/>)

Any ideas what went wrong/how to solve the issue?

Thanks!

Jarmo

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jarmo Kauppinen March 8, 2014

Mystery solved. Apparently the name of the database entry point can't contain any space character. So I renamed 'MySQL vega' to 'MySQL' and "Oh yes, I can connect to this database".

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

Hi Jarmo,

sorry for the late reply! Glad you solved this issue by yourself. Actually, the entity names in the PocketQuery admin are used as keys for the objects and may not contain spaces. This is described in our documentation: "(...)only the letters [A-Za-z_-] are allowed for entity names"

Did you say there was no error message indicating this mistake? There actually should be. I'll inspect this behaviour as soon as possible!

Regards,
Felix

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events