There was an error in the export. Please check your log files.

Deleted user May 24, 2018

We want to export our Knowledge Base to PDF but every time it stops at 55% and there stays: There was an error in the export. Please check your log files. 

What have I to do now?

3 answers

1 vote
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2018

Hello,

You can check atlassian-confluence.log located in your {confluence_home}/logs directory.

From there you should be able to locate the error stack logged around the time you see the error and mentioning export to PDF. If you can paste the stack or first part and "caused by" section of the stack here, we can help you narrow down the cause. 

Were you exporting an entire space or just select pages from space?

Regards,

Igor

Wa are on Confluence Cloud, thx for the help.

Like Ivo Sandoval likes this
0 votes
Jeramy S June 9, 2020

I am getting this error in Confluence Server V.6.0.6, but when trying to export a few pages from a space as an XML. If I export the entire space, no problems. 

Any support would be great. 

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2018

Hi @[deleted]

If you are on Confluence Server:

Please check your log files.  

And let us know what the log says. Check for the time in the log file when you tried the export. You find the Log-File at <confluence-home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

If you are on Confluence Cloud: Please contact Atlassian support on support.atlassian.com

Best Regards
Niklas

Wa are on Confluence Cloud, thx for the help.

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2018

In this case contact atlassian support. Second option.

support.atlassian.com - Contact -> Technical issues and bugs, add your instance name and tell the support your issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events