The given credential is not a valid JIRA admin.

Deleted user January 26, 2015

When i try to connect Confluence with my running JIRA system this shows up:

The given credential is not a valid JIRA admin.

But the user has administrator privileges. Other users doesn't work either.

JIRA Agile and Confluence trial are installed on Debian 6.

I also tried connecting to Crowd, trusted communication and a lot of new installations. There is no way to get those together.

There is another problem. I get an exception everytime when i try to restart the Confluence-Service on Debian:

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set

What I am doing wrong?

Best regards.

1 answer

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2015

Hey Alexander, 

For the "given credential..." issue, can you confirm if the JIRa user is from an external directory? It could be related to the permissions being retrieved by the system. 

For the "Spring Aplication.." issue, you can take a look at this KB article that will have the information based on the permissions to check.  Basically, like the following:

1.  Check if <CONFLUENCE-HOME> is not writable (check the permission of the directory and sub-directories)
  2. Confluence database is not available - check the connection parameters in <CONFLUENCE-HOME>/confluence.cfg.xml and verify if the database user has access to all confluence tables and if the password is the same.

Hope it helps ya, sir!

Regards, 

Giuliano

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events