The embedded database health check has failed in your system

MelviN April 10, 2020

"The embedded database health check has failed in your system" what is the problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2020

@MelviN 

Hi Melvin

any chance you are using the embedded db with a production license key?https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/instance-health-790796828.html

The H2 database is not intended for use for productive purposes

Cheers

Kurt

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2020

We would strongly recommend that the very next project you do is to migrate from the h2 database to one of the proper databases on the "supported platform" page for your version of Confluence.

H2 databases don't scale well, and are only suitable for systems that you don't mind losing (dev/test/play) - the database can fail catastrophically with no notice and you can lose everything irrecoverably.

Like MelviN likes this
MelviN April 14, 2020

What database do you recommend?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

Given a completely free choice, PostGreSQL first (because that's what Atlassian use and develop against primarily), MySQL second, Oracle third, and Microsoft-SQL last.

It is not a huge gap between them, and my list is based purely on the experiences of which ones have given me the least and most grief in the past.   The software works with, and is supported on, all four.

So, my real life recommendation is actually "whichever one your organisation has the best support for already".

Like MelviN likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events