The delete button is missing from the 3 dots list

xxivcarat nonem June 25, 2018

I want to delete a page but there is no option anywhere to delete it. How ridiculous is that? You shouldn't have to hunt for it!

3 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2018
xxivcarat nonem June 25, 2018

I can't see the permissions for this project. The page itself is unrestricted. If delete is not allowed then it should be greyed out not hidden from users. This is the problem with tools like these, they are so unwieldly.

I just spent 2 hours just trying to delete a page.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2020

Hi everyone,

This post was originally submitted within the Jira Software category.  However it seems clear to me now that this is incorrect.  So I have moved this into the Confluence section, as this the correct product in question here.

Please see our guide in Delete, restore, or purge a page (Cloud) or Delete or Restore a Page (Server or Data Center).  The answer is essentially the same on both platforms of

Go to the page and choose  Delete. 

However if you don't see this as an option on that page, then your account does not have the permissions needed to be able to do so.

Both space permissions and page restrictions can prevent you from deleting. 

^ That is the sever/data center reference pages. 

While you can also find more on this in Cloud in Cloud: What are space permissions? and Cloud: Add or remove page restrictions.

I hope this helps.

Andy

0 votes
Devansh Popat July 9, 2020

It is very annoying. Almost spent an hour figuring out how to delete a page or a file within the page. Shouldn't this be just straightforward?

PS - Still don't know how to delete the page or a file within the page

CONFLUENCE.PNG

That's all the three options I can see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events