The Ukrainian language replaced by russian.

yura braiko February 4, 2021

Why, when I go to the settings and select the Ukrainian language russian localization appears in the UI? 

Even more, in my settings I have this field: 
```Язык русский (Россия)Для изменения языка посетите новую страницу Настройки аккаунта.``` 
but when I open link to change language - I see page in correct (Ukrainian) localization and correct selected language.

For me, it is completely normal, to have part of the content with Ukrainian localization and the rest of the - in default - English. But mix with russian - it is not acceptable for me. And even more, selected `Ukrainian` language for some really strange reason translated as `русский (Россия)`, which means - russian.

As there is a conflict with russian and this country occupied Crimea and pushing terrorism in some regions of my country it is a really sensitive topic.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2021

Hello @yura braiko

Currently, according to our documentation, Ukranian is not one of the supported interface languages for our platforms:

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 07.26.58.png

What might explain your pages in Ukranian, since Confluence does not auto translates page content, is that page creators wrote them in Ukranian.

You can check further information about our supported languages here:

Set the default language 

Let us hear from you!

yura braiko February 14, 2021

Yes, Confluence does not support Ukrainian localization, and I do not require some sort of autotranslation feature. My issue is a little bit different. 

I have the next situation:

What will be great to see:

• I pick a language on the Atlassian setting page
  • Back to Confluence and in case, when selected in the Atlassian settings language does not support:
    • I can pick one of the supported languages only for Confluence only for this product.
    • Or, English is used as the default language in case if selected Ukrainian.

P.S. attached screenshot from the Atlassian setting page (https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/account-preferences) 
Atlassian account 2021-02-14 18-18-01.png

Like Andrii Maliuta likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events